Songlines magazine covers the world's most exciting music from traditional and popular to contemporary and fusion, featuring artists from all around the globe, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, from Miriam Makeba to Mariza, from Gilberto Gil to Gogol Bordello.
Songlines is packed full of the latest CD reviews, artist interviews, guides to particular world music traditions, concert-listings, travel stories and every issue comes with an exclusive compilation CD.
Edited by Simon Broughton, co-editor of The Rough Guide to World Music, Songlines sees music as a window on the world and features the sharpest criticism and the best writers.
The November 2015 issue of Songlines (#112) is OUT NOW and comes with a 15-track compilation CD featuring tracks from the ten Top of the World albums, including Lila Downs, St Germain, Vula Viel and Karine Polwart plus an exclusive guest playlist by Jamiroquai's Sola Akingbola featuring Oumou Sangare, Manu Dibango and Fela Kuti.
The main editorial features are:
- Ballake Sissoko & Vincent Segal - kora and cello together again
- Tom Paley - veteran American guitarist, banjo and fiddle player
- Ewan MacColl - paying homage to the British folk singer's legacy
- The British Library's West Africa exhibition - featuring the akonting, the original banjo
- Beginner's Guide to tanchaz, Hungarian dance house music
- Festival Profile on Bengal Classical Music Festival
- Postcard from Crete
- Dispatch from Safed, Israel
- Who's Touring - our selection of forthcoming UK tour highlights
Plus the latest news and CD, book & world cinema reviews.
- Click here to subscribe to the print edition
- Click here to subscribe to Songlines Digital
- Click here to buy this single issue