Songlines magazine covers the world's most exciting music from traditional and popular to contemporary and fusion, featuring artists from all around the globe, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, from Miriam Makeba to Mariza, from Gilberto Gil to Gogol Bordello.
Songlines is packed full of the latest CD reviews, artist interviews, guides to particular world music traditions, concert-listings, travel stories and every issue comes with an exclusive compilation CD.
Edited by Simon Broughton, co-editor of The Rough Guide to World Music, Songlines sees music as a window on the world and features the sharpest criticism and the best writers.
The August/September 2015 issue of Songlines (#110) is OUT NOW and comes with a 15-track compilation CD featuring tracks from the ten Top of the World albums, including Anoushka Shankar, Totó la Momposina, Hindi Zahra and Shooglenifty, as well as an exclusive guest playlist by Jah Wobble.
The main editorial features are:
- The A to Z of World Music
- Totó La Momposina - the singer from Colombia's Caribbean coast
- Souad Massi - reworking Arabic poems
- The Great British Song Map - and the world of song collecting
- Beginner's Guide to Peggy Seeger
- Postcard from Riga, Latvia
- Festival Profile from Jerusalem Sacred Music Festival
- Introducing... 47Soul and Ibeyi
- Dispatch from... Tunis
- Who's Touring, our selection of forthcoming UK tour highlights
Plus the latest news and CD, book & world cinema reviews.
- Click here to subscribe to the print edition
- Click here to subscribe to Songlines Digital
- Click here to buy this single issue