Songlines magazine covers the world's most exciting music from traditional and popular to contemporary and fusion, featuring artists from all around the globe, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, from Miriam Makeba to Mariza, from Gilberto Gil to Gogol Bordello.
Songlines is packed full of the latest CD reviews, artist interviews, guides to particular world music traditions, concert-listings, travel stories and every issue comes with an exclusive compilation CD.
Edited by Simon Broughton, co-editor of The Rough Guide to World Music, Songlines sees music as a window on the world and features the sharpest criticism and the best writers.
The July 2015 issue of Songlines (#109) is OUT NOW and comes with a 15-track compilation CD featuring tracks from the ten Top of the World albums, including Cheikh Lô, Seckou Keita, Titi Robin & Dele Sosimi, as well as an exclusive guest playlist by Joss Stone.
The main editorial features are:
- Cheikh Lô - The Senegalese star returns to the studio
- Criolo - Brazil's rising rap star
- Omara Portuondo & Eliades Ochoa - Veterans of the Buena Vista Social Club talk about the album's ongoing legacy
- Le Vent du Nord - Québec's finest musical ambassadors
- Beginner's Guide to the Latin superstar, Juan Luis Guerra
- Postcard from Nagore, India
- Festival Profile from Glatt & Verkehrt, Austria
- Introducing... Keston Cobblers Club and Daymé Arocena
- Spotlight on... The Lyres of Ur
- Who's Touring, our selection of forthcoming UK tour highlights
Plus the latest news and CD, book & world cinema reviews.
- Click here to subscribe to the print edition
- Click here to subscribe to Songlines Digital
- Click here to buy this single issue