Songlines magazine covers the world's most exciting music from traditional and popular to contemporary and fusion, featuring artists from all around the globe, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, from Miriam Makeba to Mariza, from Gilberto Gil to Gogol Bordello.
Songlines is packed full of the latest CD reviews, artist interviews, guides to particular world music traditions, concert-listings, travel stories and every issue comes with an exclusive compilation CD.
Edited by Simon Broughton, co-editor of The Rough Guide to World Music, Songlines sees music as a window on the world and features the sharpest criticism and the best writers.
The November 2016 issue of Songlines (#122) is OUT NOW and comes with a 15-track compilation CD featuring tracks from the ten Top of the World albums,including Kefaya, Josienne Clarke & Ben Walker, Vaudou Game, Xylouris White and Ilaria Graziano & Francesco Forni, as well as a guest playlist from the poet Lemn Sissay, featuring Mulatu Astatke, Aster Aweke, Meklit Hadero and Baaba Maal.
The issue also comes with a bonus 2nd CD, Dutch Delta Sounds 2016.
The main editorial features are:
- Noura Mint Seymali - The Mauritanian singer returns to the limelight with her second international release
- Eliza Carthy & The Wayward Band - English folk's latest and hottest big band prepare to tour the UK with a new album
- Flit - The migration-inspired project from Lau's Martin Green
- The Khoury Project - The siblings from Jordan come to the UK
- Spotlight on The Klezmatics
- Beginner's Guide to Brazilian samba icon Elza Soares
- Postcard from Bandung, Indonesia
- Who's Touring, our selection of forthcoming UK tour highlights
Plus the latest news and CD, book & world cinema reviews.
- Click here to subscribe to the print edition
- Click here to subscribe to Songlines Digital
- Click here to buy this single issue