Songlines magazine covers the world's most exciting music from traditional and popular to contemporary and fusion, featuring artists from all around the globe, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, from Miriam Makeba to Mariza, from Gilberto Gil to Gogol Bordello.
Songlines is packed full of the latest CD reviews, artist interviews, guides to particular world music traditions, concert-listings, travel stories and every issue comes with an exclusive compilation CD.
Edited by Simon Broughton, co-editor of The Rough Guide to World Music, Songlines sees music as a window on the world and features the sharpest criticism and the best writers.
The March 2014 issue of Songlines (#98) is OUT NOW and comes with a 15-track compilation CD featuring tracks from the ten Top of the World albums, including Angelique Kidjo, Mostar Sevdah Reunion and The Gloaming.
The CD also includes an exclusive playlist by Andrew Marr who has selected tracks by Show of Hands, Tamikrest and Chavela Vargas.
The main editorial features are:
- Angelique Kidjo - The Queen of Benin is back with a new album and book
- The Gloaming - The group who are reinvigorating the Irish folk tradition
- Sidi Toure - The Malian singer-songwriter returns with a new album
- Dammed Nations - Nubian and Welsh musicians connected through music
- Chris Strachwitz - An interview with the man behind Arhoolie Records
- The Essential Ten: Our pick of the best fado albums
- Beginner's Guide to the Scottish band Salsa Celtica
- Festival Profile: Mazurka of the World, Poland
- Postcard from Bangkok
- Full concert and festival listings
Plus the latest news and CD, DVD, book & world cinema reviews.
- Click here to subscribe to the print edition
- Click here to subscribe to Songlines Digital
- Click here to buy this single issue