Songlines magazine covers the world's most exciting music from traditional and popular to contemporary and fusion, featuring artists from all around the globe, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, from Miriam Makeba to Mariza, from Gilberto Gil to Gogol Bordello.
Songlines is packed full of the latest CD reviews, artist interviews, guides to particular world music traditions, concert-listings, travel stories and every issue comes with an exclusive compilation CD.
Edited by Simon Broughton, co-editor of The Rough Guide to World Music, Songlines sees music as a window on the world and features the sharpest criticism and the best writers.
The April/May 2015 issue of Songlines (#107) is OUT NOW and comes with a 15-track compilation CD featuring tracks from the ten Top of the World albums, including António Zambujo, Sam Lee & Friends, Mahsa Vahdat and Stelios Petrakis Quartet, as well as a guest playlist by Gavin Esler, whose selection features tracks by Anouar Brahem, Avishai Cohen Trio and Anna Phoebe.
The main editorial features are:
- Songlines Music Awards 2015 - The nominations
- Sara Watkins, Sarah Jarosz & Aoife O'Donovan - an interview with the American acoustic trio prior to their European tour
- Mahsa & Marjan Vahdat - Iran's singing sisters
- Mariana Sadovska - the Ukrainian musician comes to the UK
- Stelios Petrakis - Cretan lyra player and maker
- Beginner's Guide to 'Queen of the Gypsies' Esma Redžepova
- Festival Profile: Sommelo Music Festival, Finland
- Dispatch from Ségou, Mali
- Introducing... Afriquoi and Ljova
- Spotlight on... Lau and Lau-Land
- Who's Touring, our selection of forthcoming UK tour highlights
Plus the latest news and CD, book & world cinema reviews.
- Click here to subscribe to the print edition
- Click here to subscribe to Songlines Digital
- Click here to buy this single issue