The new issue of Songlines is on sale now and – like an generous, juicy BLT – it is packed full of delicious ingredients. Here are just 10 of this issue’s features to whet your appetite:
- Cover star Rokia Traoré talks about her new rock influences, working with PJ Harvey’s producer and Mali’s predicament.
- The guessing game is over – we announce the nominees for the Songlines Music Awards 2013.
- Mali Latino Trio and Lokkhi Terra discuss their Afro-Cuban-Bengali-jazz collaboration for this year’s Songlines Encounters Festival.
- Read about Malaysia’s Rainforest World Music Festival, the magical event transforming the culture of Sarawak, Borneo.
- Canadian trio of old-style Americana, The Be Good Tanyas, talk about tours and tribulations.
- Kora stories from Malian harp genius Ballaké Sissoko.
- Free CD with our ten Top of the World picks, plus five tracks picked by British composer Jocelyn Pook.
- More CD and DVD reviews than you can shake a stick at: dig in, digest and discover the world’s best new music.
- Sam Lee sends us a postcard from Bangladesh, where he swapped songs with local musicians.
- The story on innovative Congolese band Staff Benda Bilili‘s shock split.
Click on the cover image to the right to purchase a copy.