The brand new issue of Songlines is on sale and available in HMV, WHSmiths and ever-friendly independent magazine stores. Seen a copy and still not picked it up? Here are 10 reasons why you really should.
- Cover star Gilberto Gil shares memories of his leading role in the 1960s tropicália movement with Caetano Veloso.
- Béla Fleck speaks about his explorations into the banjo’s African roots.
- Zimbabwean funksters Mokoomba talk about their home country’s minority cultures and their eclectic Afro-fusion.
- Read about Festival Interceltique De Lorient in France, where all things Celtic are celebrated on a grand scale.
- La Réunion’s Christine Salem discusses her personal connection between ancestral spirits and music.
- Free CD with our ten Top of the World picks, plus five tracks picked by BBC DJ and folk connoisseur Mark Radcliffe.
- ANOTHER bonus CD featuring music from our Norwegian friends, record label Etnisk Musiklubb.
- More CD and World Cinema reviews than you can shake a stick at: dig in, digest and discover the world’s best new music and film.
- Simon Broughton sends us a postcard from the Rainforest World Music Festival in Sarawak.
- Have a peak at what we got up to at Glastonbury Festival 2013.
Click here to purchase your copy now!