The first artists confirmed for this year's Songlines Music Awards Ceremony have been revealed...
The Songlines Music Awards 2019 Ceremony – which will be held at EartH, London on November 30 – is setting up to be a wonderful night packed with music and special guests.
The musical line-up of the ceremony that has been announced today features five winners and nominees of the Songlines Music Awards 2019, including bona fide world music legends. The artists that will be performing are:
- Mariza (Portugal) – winner of the Europe category and nominated in the Best Artist category
- Fatoumata Diawara (Mali) – winner of the Africa & Middle East category and nominated in the Best Artist category
- Catrin Finch & Seckou Keita (UK/Senegal) – winners of the Fusion category
- Gaye Su Akyol (Turkey) – nominated in the Best Artist and Africa & Middle East categories
- Monsieur Doumani (Cyprus) – nominated in the Best Group category
The event, which will be hosted for the second time by Cerys Matthews, will see the presentation of each of the nine Songlines Music Awards 2019 categories, including the announcements of the World Pioneer and Newcomer awards and the publicly-voted winners of the Best Artist and Best Group categories, and the winner of the David Attenborough remix competition.
You can find more information about the awards at the awards page on our website, and buy tickets for the ceremony from Soundcrash now.
Listen to the special Songlines Music Awards podcast
Jo Frost and Simon Broughton (Songlines magazine’s editor and editor in chief) announce and play music by the winners in the five geographical categories in the Songlines Music Awards 2019: