Songlines Music Awards 2020
Now in their 12th year, the Songlines Music Awards recognise the wealth of musical talent across the world that has been featured in Songlines magazine.
Voting for the 2020 Awards is now open. From a shortlist of the Top of the World albums throughout 2019 (issues #145 to #154 inclusive) you can vote for the Best Artist and Best Group award winners.
Similar to last year’s awards, we now also have five geographical categories based on the CD reviews sections in Songlines: Africa & Middle East; Americas; Europe; Asia & Pacific and Fusion. From albums reviewed throughout 2019, Songlines contributors will decide on four nominees from each of these five categories (announced April 10), with the eventual winners crowned on May 15 in the June 2020 issue (#158).
All Songlines readers and public voters will automatically be entered into a prize draw to win one of three pairs of tickets to WOMAD Charlton Park 2020 (July 23-26). Ten runners-up will also receive a copy of the Songlines Music Awards 2019 compilation album.
Don’t delay – have your say and be part of the Songlines Music Awards now!
The deadline for voting is midnight (GMT) on January 31, 2020.
To vote, follow the link or use the voting form below:
➔ VOTE NOW
The Categories Explained
Eligible in the Best Artist category are single artists who work with – or without – a band, and whose album received a Top of the World in Songlines during 2019 (#145-#154 inclusive). Artists must be living. Re-issued albums are not eligible, but ‘Best Of’ single artist compilations are.
Best Group could include any group who had a Top of the World album in Songlines in 2019, #145-154 inclusive. Note a duo counts as a Group eg Mehdi Rostami & Adib Rostami or Jimmy Aldridge & Sid Goldsmith.
For the Songlines Music Awards terms and conditions and voting procedures, please click here.
Voting Terms & Conditions
- All votes must be posted through the official Songlines Music Awards website (www.songlines.co.uk/music-awards) by midnight, GMT, on January 31, 2020.
- Only one vote for each category per person. Voters are allowed to vote on both categories – Best Artist & Best Group
- Managers, promoters and record companies or anyone who has a professional interest in a particular artist or group are not allowed to vote for them.
- Songlines reserves the right to disqualify votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting.
- Songlines and/or its suppliers, cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
- Songlines reserves the right to discount any votes which it judges to be made outside the rules of the contest and to disqualify an artist for whom such votes are cast.
- Voters will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to being bound by them by casting a vote.
- Songlines’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.